Friday, March 27, 2009

Maternity Leave

So, apparently, I decided to take a maternity leave from blogging. Can you believe it - off for 3 months and I still couldn't find time to blog.

And so here I am, back at work. I have so much to say and yet I'm not really sure what I want to say!

Going back to work was one of the hardest things I have had to do. In reality, I know I couldn't be a SAHM. Despite what other posts say. Some days, I thought I would go nuts in my house! Eleanor could (can) make me cry for joy, anger, frustration and excitement - all in the same hour. But I miss her like crazy during the day. I have to say, my desk looks a little shrine like. Little pictures of Little E all over the place. But dang she's a cute kid!

E is at an in-home provider during the day. And besides a currently missing sock and a cold, daycare is going pretty well. I don't think the cold has anything to do with the missing sock. In fact, I blame the cold on our poorly insulated house. I do have a feeling, though, that daycare will provide for some very entertaining stories.

Working Full-Time with an infant that isn't sleeping through the night is challenging. This morning E woke up at 5:30 AM. Nic asked if it was the first time I was up with her. My response, "I don't know. I think so." Sometimes I wake up at night and have to check on her because I don't remember putting her back to bed after feeding her. What if I left her on the floor after I swaddled her? What if I left her on the changing table?! I swear - I feel like I am loosing my mind!

And so I finish my first week back at work. I love my job, I love being good at my job and I love being successful. But motherhood is a job and I love that, am good at that (well, with a few exceptions :) and am, thus far, successful at it. So maybe I could have just stuck to that one job.

Nah, what's the fun in that?!

No comments: