Soooo, let me start at the beginning....
Tuesday night got away from Nic and I. I worked just a little late and then we went to the library. I tried to make dinner with the GIGANTIC zucchini my boss gave me only to find my cupboards were bare! We ended up eating dinner at 7:45, which is usually our bed time! Little E was less then thrilled that we were going to keep her up while we ate. We kept feeding her cheerios and puffs. Finally I felt bad because it was all just air puffed wheat. So I fed her a graham cracker. I know, I know, a much healthier alternative! She loved it! She did so well eating it and was so proud of herself.
That night, I crawled into bed and was doing some research on other good baby finger foods. #1, Graham Crackers (no honey). How could I be so dense?!? For the mother that is freaked out about food allergies and offering her baby the wrong food at the wrong time, how could I forget that the brand name of Graham Crackers is HONEY MADE! Oh my God, I gave my child Honey! I so badly wanted to call the nurse hotline, but Nic assured me it would be OK.
But guess what?
She slept through the night. An official sleep through the night. 830 PM to 6 AM. Didn't stir once. So now, as badly as I felt for screwing up. I wanted to feed her graham crackers every night. I asked everyone I know - when did you feed your child Graham Crackers. Most agreed that it is raw honey I should avoid, not necessarily the processed, cooked crap in GC (I'm getting tired of spelling Graham Crackers). Then I talked to my sister..."Well," she started, "It's not so much the honey, but think of all the other processed food is in there. The sugar, the partially hydrogenated oils, the high fructose corn syrup". So crap, now not only did I give my child honey, but I also tainted her perfect nutrition with JUNK. My months of homemade baby food spoiled by one cracker with partially hydrogenated oil!
So, off to the organic food store I went. In search of the healthy GC. I told Nic, NO GC TONIGHT! But we did load her up on more cheerios and more puffs. We fed the child puffs and cereal until she refused them. And guess what.
She slept through the night.
I have since bought NON-HONEY GC and some children's biscuits. The GC have 7 G of sugar. I can't believe it, but I gave them to baby E again last night. I'm not thrilled about it, but it's a temporary solution. I will continue my quest of finding the perfect baby night time snack.
Last night Eleanor woke up around 3:30 AM. She wasn't crying so I just let her sit in her crib for awhile. She was just talking away. I told myself that if she started crying I would go in there. The next thing I knew it was 5 AM, so she must have put herself back to bed. That, within and of itself, was a momentous occasion!
What a week. I can only hope this pattern continues (and that I find a healthy alternative to GC!)
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment