Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Review

I had a pretty amazing weekend. 
And given that the week leading up to it was pretty crappy, I let myself bask in the awesomeness. 

Friday night was a pretty standard night for the Bach household. I went to the chiro, came home, Andy and Eleanor played, went for a run, ordered pizza.

I deemed Friday night a "No TV night" for Andy and I. 
Some of you may recall that when I lived on Keith, there was very little, if any, TV watching for Eleanor and I.
Now we live with Andy.
And we have cable.
And DVR. 
It's amazing.
But sometimes I think we watch a little too much TV.  While Andy and I lead the life of an "old married couple" we are far from it and need to avoid falling into too many "traps" this early on. 
Friday night we didn't watch TV, we didn't play games.  We sat at the kitchen table, had a few beers and talked.  It was amazing and SO much fun!

Saturday morning wasn't as easy.  I was having a REALLY hard time determining if I was going to drive to Chicago to see a friend that sounded like she needed some company.  She kinda has a lot on her plate right now and kinda told me now might not be the greatest time for a visit.  I don't want to get into the details of her life right now (it's my public blog, not hers).  But this isn't just any friend.  This is a great friend.  An amazing friend.  And something in my heart said, screw it, just go there.  So - I went to Chicago.  Me, myself and I.  I did a little outlet mall shopping, belted out some show tunes, reflected on life, and at the end of the journey, I got to give my most amazing friend, and her most amazing husband, a hug.  And in that moment, I was so happy. 

AND since many of my friends live in Chicago, I was able to stop by another friend's house and see her son meet her son. Which was pretty ridiculous, given that he's almost 9 months old.  And usually when we get together - we ALL get together.  All the old college roommates at once.  So I can't really tell you the last time the two of us were able to just hang out.  And let's be honest - friends are great, but sometimes their children are even better! :)   It was like recharging my battery.  And then...then I got back in my car....and drove home!  Floated home really.  My friends are such amazing, strong, beautiful women.  I am lucky to have them in my life.  And why have I not made this day trip before?  Chicago has always been a weekend trip for me.  It was about an 1.5 hour trip.  Nothing.  There will be more day trips to Chicago in my future (Consider this your warning, ladies!  I'm coming back!!).  It doesn't always have to be a full weekend.  And aren't friends worth that?  Mine are.

Then, I came home to my amazing family.  Amazing friends and amazing family.  How did I get so lucky?  Eleanor ran to me, and she and Andy told me all about their day.  (Those two...)  We got to spend the last few moments of the day together.  Then Andy and I made a drink and assumed our place on the couch.  The day had drained me.  We just sat on the couch, not talking much, talking a lot, whatever, whenever.

Today was a normal Sunday.  A little time for play, a little time for work and the night ends as normal as possible.  Catching up on some DVR and blogging. 

Now, if I wake up tomorrow and my freezer isn't broken, I'd say this weekend has been one of the best in a long time.  If my freezer is broken...well....it's still a great weekend.  And I'm incredibly blessed and feel just an overwhelming sense of comfort and happiness. 

Oh - and check this out - No denying these two are sisters.  Eleanor has taken to wearing Emma's old hat and EVERY time she puts it on, I see Emma.  I'm a little bummed because I thought I had a close up of Em in that hat, but this will do.

Ready for Monday?  Ready for more snow?

Eleanor - March 3, 2013
Emma - January 2008

No comments: