My world has been shaken to its very core as a US citizen.
My world has been shaken to its very core as a mother.
As a movie goer.
As a shopper.
As a salon goer.
And now as a runner.
Oh, I know I'm not alone in this. I'm not unique in anyway.
But, Seriously? You are going to mess (I really want to use a stronger word here) with runners?
I started running because it was the one and only place I could get away. I could seriously out run my thoughts. Nothing but me. My shoes. And miles of road ahead of me.
You can't put fear into that. It's my therapy. My life line.
And I love to race. Race day is what makes running even more fun.
Turning a single person sport into a group event. The camaraderie.
And you can't take that away from us.
And the spectators. The "fans" that line the street on race day. That make that next step easier. The cheering. The cow bells. The signs. The sprinklers set up on a hot day. The bands. The people that make you laugh. We see you! We appreciate you! Don't go away! Some of us need you! Personally, I think we all need you.
And seriously. If you haven't run before...you don't get it. Don't try. I've had this fight too many times. If you need it - you need it. If you don't. You don't. I will never sit on a boat, by myself, in the early morning sunrise, and wait for fish. It's not for me. It's not my sport. But it doesn't mean it's not for someone else. I just don't get it.
You might not get the thrill (ok...and sometimes dread) of lacing up.
So. I have a renewed energy about me. If I hadn't need in Florida for work since the event, I would have laced up immediately. Immediately and felt the freedom.
And while Andy heard it first. You are seeing it here first.
I am going to run a marathon. Now it's in my head.
You can't take this away from me.
Ill never run Boston (simply because I won't ever qualify), but I can run 26.2.
But first...first I run 13.1. I've committed to it. And I'd love to see you at the finish line!
(PS - I don't really consider myself a runner...I just happen to run...and that's good enough!)
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment