If you are keeping track...the count is Eleanor 4 - Mom 0!
Yesterday, I decided to take Eleanor to the walk in clinic. She still had a cough and I'd rather deal with it on a Saturday than in the middle of the week. Remember on Saturday, it was 2 degrees outside. It was SO cold! I actually got to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kormanick, I guess peds. has regular office hours on Saturday. Dr. K looked at Eleanor and said her ears were still infected. I asked if they were any better and she said no. She was also concerned about Eleanor's cough and congestion. She said she could hear a lot of wheezing in Eleanor's longs and wasn't sure if it was just congestion or if it really was in her longs, which could be a sign of pneumonia. She said before she ordered chest x-rays, she was going to try this vapor thing to break up the congestion and then she would listen again. They brought in this machine and I had to hold a mask over Eleanor's nose and mouth for like 7 minutes. It was 7 minutes of terror. Eleanor cried and screamed and squirmed. I just had to hold her down and try to keep this thing over her mouth and nose. It was so terrible. Finally it was all over. Eleanor was a snotty mess because she had cried and screamed for so long. Dr. K came back in and listened to her lungs again. She said she knew that was hard, but it really broke up the congestion (and Eleanor's fit helped too!). Her lungs sounded clear so there was no sign of pneumonia. She gave Eleanor a new RX for her ears and said she should start to feel better in 2 - 3 days. She said I made the right decision coming in.
E fell asleep before I was out of the parking lot and slept all the way home (from the Good Hope Clinic). When I walked inside, she opened her sleepy eyes just enough to see where we were. I set her in her crib, went to take off my coat and...she was awake already! She didn't nap again for the rest of the day!
My parents called a little later that afternoon and asked if I still planned on coming over that night or if I thought it was too cold. I laughed at my mom and said I"M COMING! I had a good night relaxing with them, but I knew Eleanor had won that day.
Start day 4. Things are going well. We spent the night at my parents house and staid there until they went to church. Then E and I came home and I put her down for a nap. She slept for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Not bad, but not great, knowing that she still wasn't feeling well. We played for awhile and ate some lunch. I tried putting her back down, she was SOOOOO tired looking. Instead, she decided to scream and scream and scream. My parents came back over (I needed to go grocery shopping) and my mom tried to put her to sleep. She screamed. I cried (first time since this count started...I'm doing damn good!). I went grocery shopping and I'm not going to lie, when it was time to check out, I picked the LONGEST line, grabbed a magazine and read! I was in no rush! I came home and there was E, chit chatting in the basement, showing gramps and grams all her tricks. I couldn't believe it. E was definitely winning this day! Diane and I went to Costco, since it was obvious I was going to need more formula. E just doesn't seem to like whole milk (BLAH, who can blame her!!) and then we went to Kohl's. When we got home, both Grandpa and Eleanor looked a little war-torn. I took Eleanor into her room, gave her a nuk and pink lovie, rocked a few times and set her in her crib. It has been silent for 13 minutes! Yup...E is winning this day.
BUT, I have a good feeling about tomorrow....I get to go to work for 10 hours! I think I might win that day! But seriously...I think E and I just need to get "back on schedule". Say what you want, Eleanor needs a routine and so does her mother. The holidays have been great, but I'm ready for "normal".
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment