Our babysitter went on a much deserved vacation last week, so we played the Eleanor shuffle. Thursday I took off to spend the day with E. As it turns out, Nic was also off in the morning. We had every intention of going to Breakfast at the Fair, since we missed Breakfast on the Farm - Washington County and Breakfast on the Farm - Ozaukee County. However, Eleanor decided it was nap time and we, once again, missed the opportunity to eat breakfast with some fine smellin' farm friends.
I think Eleanor enjoyed the fair...even though it was unseasonably cold and it drizzled! First we walked through the rabbits, duc
ks and chickens. I'm not really sure what Eleanor thought! She didn't respond much. Then we walked through the cows and pigs. Eleanor enjoyed the pig, but I think that is because it kind of sounded like a dog barking. Then we went to eat some lunch, because it started to rain. Now I KNOW Eleanor enjoyed lunch. I'm not sure what came over me, but Eleanor was just staring at our French Fries...so I brushed the salt off...and gave it to her! She gummed it up for awhile and really just took the potato out of the deep fried coating, but she really enjoyed herself! I figure, I need to start introducing her to "real food". It will happen at sometime...and she's already 7 months old! So why not let the girl live a little at County Fair with her mom and dad!
Next we took Eleanor into the sheep barn. Eleanor does not like sheep. She was right at head level of a very talkative sheep. The sheep let out a very loud "Baaaaa" and Eleanor competed with a very loud "WAAAAA". There was sheep judging at the time and I think we interrupted! Eleanor was SO unhappy. I did feel bad, I swear, but I couldn't help laughing. She was SO mad at that sheep.
We walked around the "midway" and the "exhibitors hall" and then decided it was time to head home. All in all, I'd say Eleanor's first trip to the fair was a success. Next weekend - STATE FAIR - WOO HOO! Will Eleanor get a cream puff??!
No comments:
Post a Comment