Sunday, August 9, 2009

State Fair (and a side note)

Let's start with the side note - you are spoiled! I know I don't post as much as I once did, but I feel like I can't post unless I post with pictures! Every post has to have several pictures outlining what I write about. I just can't help posting pictures of Eleanor!
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Today we took the girls to state fair. We knew it was going to be a hot one, so as soon as Nic got up, we started getting ready to leave. We got to state fair around 9:30. I can't believe that we stayed until 2:00. We started with the animals. We wanted to see as many as we could before the temperatures started to creep up. However, at 9:30 in the morning, it was already 84! We saw cows, horses, rabbits, ducks, chickens, turkeys and sheep. We missed the pig barn because Emma wanted to go down the giant slide instead. Of course we had to make a stop at the milk station! One of the highlights of state fair. This year they replaced Raspberry Milk with Banana Milk. Nic tried the banana, Emma had root beer and I had cherry vanilla. We all shared and all loved it! After the giant slide, we went to another fair favorite - WPP! Wisconsin Products Pavilion. We got two baked potatoes and shared. Even Eleanor tried some potato. We made sure to drink lots of water and I brought bandannas that I soaked in water and wrapped around the girls' necks. The WPP was air conditioned, so we took our time in there!

Then it was off to the Expo Hall. Baby E was getting a little cranky and after fighting it for too long, she finally fell asleep. We dragged Emma down almost every aisle. She lost interest half way through, but Eleanor was asleep and it was air conditioned. We were staying!

Then we let Emma play on a few "bouncy rides" for awhile. She came out of one just dripping in sweat and Nic and I decided it was time to leave. We stopped for one more favorite - the big, huge, gigantic cheese curds. Mmmmmmmmm.

Both girls were sleeping by the time we hit Bayshore. It's 7:40 and both have been asleep since 7! (not sure what this will do for Eleanor's night time routine...she didn't have her 8 PM bottle!) We all washed the fair off us, enjoyed a nice, healthy dinner and now the Wisconsin State Fair is just a memory for another year. Gosh, I love the fair!


No comments: