Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baby E update

My baby E is 17 months old!! Where did the time go?!?

For those of you that don't get daily updates from me, here is what is going on in the world of E...and let me tell you...she's a HOOT!

*E copies everything and everyone! For example, I was shopping with her over the weekend. I held up a t-shirt to me and looked down to see what it would look like. I turned my head side to side and said, "Hmm" and put the t-shirt in the cart. Eleanor took the t-shirt, held it to her chest, tilted her head side to side and said, "Hmm" over and over and over again!

*E loves to dance! She carries around a Dora the Explorer headphone set and dances to the music. On her tip toes, in circles, whatever!

*E has taken to climbing on anything and everything. If she can't get to the height she needs, she finds something to stand on (usually baskets). Her favorite place to get to is the front bay window. She sits and talks to everything that passes the window. Then she waves at people.

*E talks - A LOT! If she is in a different room and you say, "Eleanor?" she'll say, "Wha?". If you say, "Come here" she'll say "Why?". She says, "Bu" for bus, "Ca" or "Bo" for Cabo (but never together) she says Mommy, Daddy and Emma clear as can be! She LOVES to find pictures of Emma and carry them around singing her name, Emma, Emma, Emma. She says "Dow" when she wants out of her high chair, but will still sign all done, more, milk and water.

*She loves to eat with a spoon or fork, especially "big people" forks and spoons. She hasn't mastered the movement yet, so it's painful to watch, but she gets the job done!

*Eleanor is not a afraid to nap. If she is fussy or feeling crabby and you say, "Eleanor, do you want to go night-night?" she'll head to her crib and reach for "pink lovie". The other day she was at my parents and was really fussy. Finally, she looked at us, blew us kisses and headed upstairs - she was going to bed!

*I love her. Love her, love her, love her. She is the sweetest, sassiest, naughtiest little girl. She entertains me DAILY! I HATE that she is growing up so fast. It breaks my heart to see how long she is. However, I LOVE each new day with her and watching her learn and grow into a little person. I guess it's my job as a parent to hate that she is growing up, but love that she is doing it so well and so beautifully.

And of course...some parting pictures...
Just like her momma - hates the heat! Spread out in the crib to cool off!

A mouth full of cookie. She shoved the whole thing in her mouth - I think she was afraid we were going to take it away!


Loving her new Eleanor sized chair. She sits in it and watches TV. She gets mad at the cat (and Emma) when he sits in it. "Mine, mine" she says as she pulls his tail!



1 comment:

Erika :: Ollie & Olina said...

Charlotte has the same chair in green and sits in it ALL THE TIME. Yesterday, Lexi was over and they were "fighting" for the chair and both ended up sitting in it. I love sass!